Gerald T. Guild, PhD
Coordinator, Autism Program
- 1994 Doctor of Philosophy, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Area: School Psychology,
- (APA Accredited)
- 1991 Master of Education, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Area: School Psychology,
- (NCATE Accredited, NASP Approved)
- 1988 Master of Science, Saint Bonaventure University, Saint Bonaventure, NY
- Area: Community Counseling.
- 1985 Bachelor of Arts, SUNY College of Art and Science at Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
- Major: Psychology
- Minors: Sociology, and Organizational & Occupational Behavior.
1998-Present PSYCHOLOGIST, Preschool Learning Center, League for the Handicapped, Springville, New York
- Licensed Psychologist: Conduct Early Intervention and Preschool Psychological Evaluations as well as Diagnostic Evaluations specializing in Pervasive Developmental Disorders/Autism.
- Coordinator Autism Program
- Behavior Specialist: Serve as behavioral consultant in the Preschool Learning Center to assist in intervention development and implementation for children experiencing academic and behavioral difficulties. Work with both teachers and parents addressing classroom and home issues.
1999-2002 PSYCHOLOGIST, Educational & Psychological Services, Olean, New York
- Provided psychological services for children, adolescents, and adults in my independent private practice specializing in treating educational and behavioral difficulties in home and school settings. Services included assessment, counseling, and consultation.
1999 BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT, The Guidance Center, Bradford, PA
- Served as behavioral consultant in the Wrap-Around Program for Mobile Therapists, Therapeutic Support Staff, parents and educators. Conducted functional behavioral assessments and assisted in intervention development, plan implementation, and progress monitoring. Provided parent and staff training.
1995-1998 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
- Tenure Track Professor in the School Psychology Program teaching the following graduate classes: Interpersonal Intervention Skills, Advanced Consultation, Advanced Counseling, Behavioral Assessment and Management Techniques, Developmental Psychopathology, Alternative Assessment Techniques, Practicum, and Educational Psychology. Developed World Wide Web page for the School Psychology Program.
1995 ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Co-instructed Psychoeducational Assessment I with F. Edward Lentz, Jr., Ph.D. in the School Psychology Program. Trained graduate students on the proper administration of the Wechsler scales.
1995 SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST, Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Provided collaborative consultation to assist in intervention development, implementation, and evaluation, and conducted individual child-studies in a variety of diverse urban elementary and high schools.
1992-1995 THERAPIST, Child Focus, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Provided individual and group counseling services for parents and children with diverse needs including: ADHD, conduct disorders, depression, and learning difficulties.
1992-1995 EDUCATION LIAISON, Child Focus, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Served as an educational consultant for therapists, school psychologists, teachers, and parents in a rural Appalachian county. Facilitated development, implementation, and evaluation of interventions for children with diverse needs. Also conducted psychoeducational assessments.
1991-1992 INTERN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST, Clermont County Office of Education,Clermont County, Ohio.
- Provided supervised school psychological services in elementary, intermediate, and high school settings addressing a wide variety of educational needs. Provided individual and group counseling, behavioral and academic consultation, and psychoeducational assessments.
1990-1991 PRACTICUM IN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY, Northern Kentucky Head Start, Newport, Kentucky.
- Provided early intervention services at a Head Start program focusing on behavioral adjustment in school and home settings. Provided child development training for parents and Head Start staff.
1991 PRACTICUM IN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY, Immaculate Heart of Mary Elementary School, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Provided consultation, diagnostic, and tutoring services in an elementary Catholic School setting for teachers and parents addressing a variety of educational needs.
1986-1989 BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST, The !ReHabilitation Center, Allegany, New York.
- Served as a behavioral consultant in a Day Treatment Program for severely and profoundly retarded adults. Wrote behavior modification programs to foster adaptive behavior, conducted assessments of cognitive, adaptive and social/emotional functioning, trained staff in behavior modification techniques, and developed a socio/sexual training program. Hired, trained, and supervised Assistant Behavior Specialists.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
- New York State Licensed Psychologist Lisc. # 013672
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist
- American Psychological Association.
- National Association of School Psychologists.
- New York Association of School Psychologists